Wednesday, February 19, 2014

"Easier Then Pie" No-bake Cheesecake

I am sure you are all familiar with the phrase "easy as pie", well I don't know about you, but the only easy thing about pie is eating it! Its not the filling that I have a hard time with, it's the crust! I SUCK AT PIE CRUST! However even though this isn't technically pie, this Cheesecake is AWESOME! And it is so so easy!

Last Wednesday was my husband birthday, and he would rather eat a bar of soap then eat a piece of cake with frosting gobbed all over it! So I have had to get creative. This year I made this cheesecake. He was the one who found this recipe the first time and had me make it. The first time I made it we just used a store bought graham cracker crust, this time I made my own.

Crunch Up one package of graham crackers until they are as crunched up as you can get them. 

Melt 4Tbs. of butter

Mix crumbs in with the butter, it's easiest to do it with your hands. I tried a big wooden spoon, but I just made everything spill over the edge of the bowl.

Fill a pie pan with your crumbs, and put it in the freezer while you are mixing the filling.

Using your paddle attachment, beat cream cheese til smooth. 

Add sweetened condensed milk, and whipped cream and mix. 

Add lemon juice while mixer is still going. If you stop it and add it in the lemon juice hardens the cream cheese up again and makes it chunky.

Immediately fill your crust with filling and refrigerate for an hour and a half. 
NOTE: When you are pouring your filling into the crust DO NOT scrape the sides. There will still be cream cheese built up on the sides up the bowl and scrapping the bowl will just give you chunks.

Ingredients:

Crust:
I package graham crackers
4Tbs. butter (melted)

Filling:
1 8oz cream cheese (softened)
1 8oz. whipped cream
small can sweetened condensed milk
1/3 C. lemon juice

Directions:
  1. Crush up graham crackers until they are as coarse as you can get them; melt butter and mix with graham cracker crumbs. I have found its easier to use my hands to mix it all. Press into a pie pan and refrigerate while mixing the filling.
  2. Using your paddle attachment, beat cream cheese til smooth.
  3. Add sweetened condensed milk and whipped cream til mixed.
  4. DO NOT turn off mixer, and add the lemon juice. If you add it without the mixer still going it hardens your cream cheese and makes it chunky.
  5. Immediately fill pie crust and refrigerate for an hour and a half.
  6. Note: When filling the crust, DO NOT scrape the sides of your mixing bowl. There will still be a little cream cheese on the sides of the bowl and scrapping will just give you chunks.
I hope you find this to come as easily as I did. The best part about making something yourself is getting to enjoy it when its all done!  
  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment