Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Home Made Pizza and Cheesey Bread

I know that its a little ironic that this blog is called "My Sweet Teeth" and I am posting about pizza. But I really wanted to share this recipe. So, I will be posting some normal food in the midst of all this sweetness. Don't worry, I know that the sweets are most important!

This is THE BEST pizza recipe ever! I make it once a week at my house. It has all the goodness of pizza, minus the extra grease you pay for when you order it from the pizza place in town. 

I am just putting down the recipe for the dough, because everyone likes different things on their pizza. We like pepperoni and hamburger, and when I have them I like to put bacon on it as well. But honestly the possibilities are endless! You could do a combination, Hawaiian, or just plain cheese!

Put yeast and sugar in the bottom of your mixing bowl

Pour warm water over them and let sit til it gets frothy. (I usually like to let it get a little more frothy then whats in the picture, but I was trying to hurry a little bit!)

Add flour and salt

Using your dough hook, mixed until it makes a soft dough. (Use the oil to put around the bowl and on the dough to sit on it while it rises. I don't use oil. I just spray my dough and the sides of my bowl with olive oil cooking spray)
Let sit covered for 15-20 min. 

Remove dough from bowl and need until its a little more smooth. Split into two separate pieces. 

Using one piece, press out onto a pizza pan. I use a pizza stone that we got as a wedding gift and I LOVE IT!

Using the other piece of dough, press out onto a small cookie sheet

Melt a tablespoon of butter and spread over the entire dough for your cheesey bread and sprinkle with garlic salt to taste, I also like to put a little around the edges of the dough for the pizza 

Top as desired. I used cheese, pepperoni, and hamburger. But you can use anything you want. I really want to try and do a BBQ chicken, or chicken Alfredo one of these days.

Put desired amount of cheese on the dough laid out for the cheesey bread.
Bake at 450 for 12-15 min, until the cheese is browning.
ENJOY!!

Dough Ingredients:
1 tsp. sugar
1 1/4 tsp. active dry Yeast(I use Saf Instant)
1 1/2 C. warm water
1 tsp. salt
3 1/2 C. Flour
1/4 C. Oil

Directions:
  1. Put sugar and yeast in the bottom of your mixing bowl, pour water over mixture and let sit until it get frothy.
  2. Mix in salt and flour
  3. Cover dough and sides of bowl with oil and let sit, covered for 15-20 min
  4. Take dough out of bowl and knead until you have a soft dough.
  5. Press dough into pan and top it as desired
  6. Bake at 450 for 12-15 min
You can also use the dough to make one big pizza or pan of cheesey bread on a cookie sheet. This is such an easy recipe and there are so many things you can do with it to make it your own. I hope you enjoy it! 



No comments:

Post a Comment